The sun is shining bright, cocktails a-flowin’, and the smell of chargrilled meat gives neighbours major food envy. Is there any better way to spend your summer evenings than standing by the barbeque with a beer in hand, trying not to cremate the skewers?
In honour of BBQ week (4th-10th July), we have rounded up the very best BBQ recipes for you to try. A selection of meat, fish, veg and sides to keep you going through the summer months (and winter, if you’re brave enough).
The best BBQ recipes
Roasted potato salad with sour cream and shallots
Sides are the best part of most meals, right? And who doesn’t love a carb? This roasted potato salad is abundant in texture and flavour, making it the perfect addition to any BBQ.
Sticky chicken wings with a creamy blue cheese and celery dip
A BBQ staple, these sticky chicken wings are served with a blue cheese dip and are an American classic. It’s, dare we say, finger-lickin’ good!
Marinated chicken skewers
Simple yet super tasty, these marinated chicken skewers will be a crowd-pleaser at your next BBQ. Serve them alone, in a wrap or with a medley of sides – they’re delicious no matter what.
Charred lamb kebabs with pickled onions and saffron yoghurt
Lamb is a BBQ dark horse and deserves to be the star of the show. These charred lamb kebabs go perfectly with the tangy pickled onions. Serve with a side of pitta and smother it in saffron yoghurt for a cooling hit.
Spicy salmon skewers with pickled red onion
Whether pescatarian or just bored of meat, these spicy salmon skewers are a right treat. Marinated in Asian spices and barbecued, bringing out the flavour of the salmon, and balanced deliciously with the sweet and tangy pickled red onion.
Tom Kerridge’s ultimate hot dog
Hot dogs are the perfect BBQ food. Just load up your bun and you’re good to go! This ultimate hot dog recipe by Tom Kerridge is simple but ideal for a barbecue – choose from a selection of toppings.
Lemongrass and chilli pork ribs and chicken wings
A barbecue power couple, these lemongrass and chilli pork ribs and chicken wings will cater to everyone’s taste. Finger food at its finest and no extra washing up to do (a winner in our eyes).
Shrimp burger and sriracha mayo
If you’re bored of beef burgers and fancy something a little different, this shrimp burger and sriracha mayo is easy and tasty! Perfect for enjoying during a hot evening.
Spicy green beans with chilli and garlic
If you fancy a change from carb-heavy sides, these chilli and garlic spicy green beans make the ideal accompaniment for a range of dishes. Light, and with a kick, a big serving bowl of these green beans will be everyone’s favourite.
Aubergine and goat’s cheese burger stacks
Don’t knock it before you try it! These aubergine and goat’s cheese burger stacks are perfect for veggies and are a heavenly mix of creamy, charred and sweet. A worthy alternative to a classic burger.
Crispy gnocchi with charred peppers and basil pesto
Who doesn’t love a skewer at a barbecue? A unique and tasty take on a more traditional meat skewer, these crispy gnocchi, charred peppers and pesto skewers are packed full of flavour and will make you look at gnocchi in a different light.
Need a new barbecue this summer? Check out our list of best-selling barbecues on Amazon!
- The CosmoGrill XL Charcoal Smoker Barbecue is the perfect outdoor companion for those intimate long weekends or family filled summer parties. Featuring a generously sized grilling area, there’s...
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: The CosmoGrill temperature gauge enables you to cook to perfection. The chimney and adjustable air vents facilitate better flow of heat and smoke for that optimum flame grilled...
- MORE GRILLING CONTROL: Variable heat distribution around the grill enabling you to cook different meats and vegetables with different requirements at the same time. A stainless steel warming rack...
- TRU-Infrared Cooking System - cooks food evenly, with less flare-ups to give up to 50% juicier food and uses up to 30% less gas
- Stainless steel burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- Surefire Electronic Igniter - light all r burners with the push of a button
- 45cm diameter cooking area
- Charcoal BBQ
- High temp. Resistant, dust resistant
- Patented Charcoal Tray - ensures less flare-ups and unform heat for cooked, tastely food.
- Stainless Steel Burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- Electronic Igniter - lights up your grill at the push of a button.
- The CosmoGrill Deluxe 4+1 is a premium model for barbecue enthusiasts looking for a more professional barbecuing experience. Both strong and durable, the CosmoGrill features a generously large...
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Four stainless steel burners (10 kW) and a side burner (2.5 kW) that can be adjusted and ignited individually via Piezo ignition to accommodate cooking a variety of meat and...
- COOKING & MAINTENANCE : Clever Flame tamers designed to protect the burners from grease, improving performance and longevity of the barbecue. Also includes a full length, stainless steel warming rack...
Last update on 2022-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may be interested in…
This article may include affiliate links to products and services where we may receive a small fee to support the running of this site if you make a purchase or is a sponsored article from one of our select editorial partners providing valuable advice and information to our readers.