While TikTok might be famous for dance routines and lip-synching clips, the video sharing site is full of brilliant beauty advice too – particularly when it comes to make-up.
Pro artists and influencers regularly go viral with their insider tips, tutorials and time-saving hacks. But with more than 7.5 billion views of #BeautyTok videos, it can be hard to sort the good from the dud.
We’ve rounded up five simple TikTok make-up hacks that can actually make a real difference…
1. Reverse mascara
When applying mascara, you should always start at the root of the lashes, right? Not according to this lash-lengthening tip from beauty influencer Mirellabelle.
She recommends applying three coats: the first on the tips, the second from halfway down the lashes, and the third from the roots, creating major volume where you need it most.
MAC Macstack Mascara with Mega Brush, £26
Celebrity make-up artist Courtney Hart shared a technique that pros have been using for years, to make your eyelashes look thicker without using mascara.
Tightlining involves using a black eye pencil to line the upper waterline (it needs to be a long-lasting formula to prevent transfer to the lower waterline). By filing the gaps between your lashes, you can add definition – it’s particularly effective if you’ve been using lash serum (another TikTok fave) and the gaps are more noticeable.
Pat McGrath Labs PermaGel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil Xtreme Black, £25
3. DIY lip gloss
Can’t find the perfect shade of lip gloss to go with your carefully crafted smoky eye look? Actor and beauty influencer Mireya Rios, who has 4m TikTok followers, has the perfect solution.
Swipe a suitable shade from your eyeshadow palette on the back of your hand, go over the top with a clear lip balm, and then apply directly to your lips to create a bespoke colour with a satin finish.
Ciate London X Smiley 50 Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette, £29
Chanel Rouge Coco Baume 912 Dreamy White, £33
4. Lipstick as blusher
Did you know pretty much any lipstick can also be used as a cream blusher?
Irish make-up artist and TikTok star MakeupbyAsta recommends dabbing pale pinks or nude shades directly onto your cheeks for a monochromatic look that matches your eyes and lips.
For darker red or berry tones, blend the lipstick with some concealer on the back of your had to create a more wearable shade.
Vieve Modern Matte Lipstick Muse, £19
5. Blusher placement
Beauty influencer Lenkalul showed her 2.7m TikTok followers what a difference the placement of your blusher makes, whether it’s cream or powder.
Most importantly, beware of applying too low down. To emphasise your cheek bones and create a lifted look, dab or brush onto the apples of the cheeks and blend upwards.
Revolution Superdewy Liquid Blush You Had Me at First Blush, £5
Best-selling makeup bags
Need a bag for all your new makeup? Check out our list of best-selling makeup bags on Amazon.
- 【Superior Quality】：Our clear toiletries bag is made of high quality PVC material that have excellent abrasion resistance and high resistance to insects, fungi, animals, as well as molds, mildew,...
- 【Improved Design】： These toiletry bags set are using sturdy smooth zipper, large zipper opening and luxurious zipper puller make it easy to open and pack. It is corrosion-resistant and more...
- 【Find Items Faster】： The transparent design allows you can easily to see what's inside and find what you need in a minute. What’s more, our cosmetic bag is pretty useful for Airports...
- Dimensions (L x H x D): 19 x 9 x 7.5 cm.
- Material: well made of artificial leather, long life and easy to clean.
- Classic animal patterns: zebra, leopard, flowers, marble.
- Waterproof Makeup Bag - These travel makeup bags are made of high-quality PU leather with waterproof nylon lining. Soft fabric, sturdy zippers, nice lining, every detail is delicately made....
- Large Capacity Cosmetic Bags: 3 different styles and sizes can meet your different needs. The large cosmetic bag is equipped with a mesh pocket to store makeup brushes, and two small cosmetic bags can...
- Lightweight Travel Makeup Bag: The large makeup bag size is 8.2 x 5.9 x 3.9 in; toiletry bag is 7.9 x 2.5 x 5.1 in; the half-moon makeup bag is 7.9 x 2.1 x 5.5 in. Weigh only 0.34kg, decent size...
- -High Quality Material: Thicker oxford fabric is more durable, waterproof, hard-wearing, and easy cleaning. The metal double-way zipper is very smooth and easy opening and closing.
- -Large Storage Space: One hidden storage pocket with zipper; Four brushes holder pockets with lid; one large bottom storage space with removable dividers.
- -DIY Removable Dividers Compartment: you could DIY the storage spaces for organising the hairdressing tools, cosmetics, jewellery, nail polishes and other accessories, keep your things tidy and easy...
- ✅ Flexible Velcro Dividers - 3 small sections, 1 large section can easily accomodate your makeup or toiletries such as foundation, concealer, mascara, eye shadow, powder, blush, lipstick, bronzer...
- ✅ Separate Brushes Compartment - It comes with a separate space to hold your brushes and protect them from dust. Plus an extra zipper pockets for small items storage.
- ✅ Premium Quality - Soft & padded, reliable zippers, nice lining, every detail is delicately made. Our makeup case would be a great holiday gift for women and girls.
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may be interested in…
Wise Living Magazine has included affiliate links to products and services in this article where we may receive a small fee to support the running of this site if you make a purchase.