Make the most of seasonal spring vegetables by adding them to a delicious home-made pizza base. Try this easy spring vegetable pizza recipe which uses Jersey Royal new potatoes, asparagus and peas.
Spring vegetable pizza
- Large bowl
- Baking trays
For the base:
- 500 g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp easy blend yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 400 ml tepid water
For the topping:
- 300 g Jersey Royal potatoes sliced thinly
- 75 g asparagus spears trimmed
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 2 smoked garlic cloves (or just use normal) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 75 g mange tout sliced
- 75 g peas defrosted if frozen
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 15 g parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 50 g pea shoots
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar with ½ tsp salt and 400ml hand hot water (tepid water). Mix into a dough, tip the dough out onto the work surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Return to the bowl, cover loosely with a tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and simmer for 5-6 minutes until just soft. Add the asparagus for one minute, then drain and refresh in cold water. Beat the ricotta
- Preheat the oven to fan 200ºC/220ºC/gas mark 7. Dust a couple of baking trays with a little flour. Divide the dough into 4 and roll out or hand stretch as thinly as you can.
- Spread with the ricotta mixture, top with the potato slices, asparagus, mange tout and peas. Then scatter over both the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and the base is crisp. Serve hot drizzled with extra olive oil and the pea shoots.
Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royals
Best-selling non-stick pizza trays
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- Pizza Pan Baking Tray Twin Pack - 13 Inch (33.5cm), British Made with Teflon Non Stick by Lets Cook Cookware
- Size: Each Tray 13 x 13 Inches / 33.5 cm x 33.5 cm
- Aeration Holes where most needed to promote an even bake.
- NON-STICK TRAY - The Prochef non-stick pizza tray features a premium design that ensures your pizza will not stick to the bottom of your tray for the perfect pizza every time
- HIGH-QUALITY CARBON STEEL - The high-quality carbon steel ensures durability at all times - Perfect for cooking your pizzas for everyone to enjoy
- COOK AND STORE THE PERFECT PIZZA - This pizza tray is a kitchen necessity for every keen baker - It can be used within fridges, freezers and is dishwasher safe - Also, suitable for everyday household...
- TRUSTED SINCE 1850: MasterClass's award-winning* bakeware is built to last for years, and boasts a 20 years guarantee (5 years non stick)
- EASY CRISPY CRUSTS: this pizza pan has heat-transferring holes, which help you achieve crisp crusts on homemade or shop-bought pizzas
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: it’s made of warp resistant 1 mm thick carbon steel, and has 2 layers of tough, easy-to-clean Quantum II non stick
- NON-STICK TRAY - This great tray comes in ONE SIZE, you can choose how many you would like in your set, we do offer set of 2, 3, 4, or 5 trays in each variation. This non-stick pizza tray features a...
- HIGH-QUALITY CARBON STEEL - The high-quality carbon steel ensures durability at all times - Perfect for cooking your pizzas for everyone to enjoy.
- COOK AND STORE THE PERFECT PIZZA - This pizza tray is a kitchen necessity for every keen baker - It can be used within fridges, freezers and is dishwasher safe. Also, suitable for everyday household...
- Dimensions: (diameter x height) approx. 32.5 x 15.8 cm, Dimensions of tins (diameter): approx. 30 cm
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.