Looking to eating healthier in the New Year? Try this quick and healthy chicken dish that’s bursting with flavour from The Medicinal Chef Dale Pinnock.
Nutty lemongrass chicken
- Deep frying pan or sauté pan
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 sticks of lemongrass bashed
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 800 ml canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (heaped) peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, sauté the onion, garlic, lemon grass and chilli in a little olive oil, along with a good pinch of salt, until the onion has softened.
- Add the coconut milk, stir in the peanut butter and turmeric and simmer for around 10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken and the flavour of the lemon grass really begins to penetrate the dish.
- Add the diced chicken and continue to simmer for around 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt before squeezing in the lime juice. Serve.
Eat Shop Save by Dale Pinnock is published by Mitchell Beazley. Photography by Faith Mason.
You may also be interested in…
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.