These prawn tacos topped with a spicy kiwi salsa are delightfully fresh and tasty. Either assemble and serve or put all the components on the table and let everyone make their own.
Prawn and kiwi tacos
- Griddle or frying pan
- 300 g raw prawns
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 avocado ripe
- 2 tbsp double cream
- red wine vinegar splash
- chopped coriander small splash
- 3 kiwis peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper finely chopped
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add all the seasoning spices and lime zest to the prawns, mix and set to one side to marinade.
- Mash the avocado with the cream, red wine vinegar and coriander and season. Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl mix the kiwi with all the vegetables, lime juice, garlic pwoder and seasoning. Set to one side.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and add a little oil. Cook the prawns for a couple of minutes each side until they are cooked through. Meanwhile heat the tacos in the oven or heat them individually in a dry frying pan, cooking for a few seconds each side.
- Serve each taco with a spoonful of avocado mixture, a few prawns and top with salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Zespri SunGold Kiwi
Best-selling wooden serving platters
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- A beautiful serving platter that combines rustic acacia wood with a unique, contemporary design. Complete with a 5 year guarantee
- The raised platform presents r delicious aperitifs in eye-catching style, as well as maximising space on the table
- Ideal for serving foods that are made to share. Pile up portions of antipasti or entrees. Serve delicate desserts or tasty tapas
- Dimensions-Length- 25.4 cm x Width- 15.2 x Height- 2.5 cm
- Molded artistically from antiqued rose wood, this lightweight wooden table centre piece has an attractive three dimensional molded edge to its entire frame
- Ideal to serve coffee, tea and snacks, this tray is designed to consider both form and utility.
- GREAT for SERVING FOOD - Our Oval Wooden Plate can be used as a beautiful serving tray. Especially if you like rustic kitchen decor. It is lightweight and easy to carry. Simply stack up your favourite...
- ECO AND DURABLE - Natural beech wood has unique features and was used thousands of years as an excellent material for various kitchen tools. Eco freindly Efo Beech Wood Plate is durable and you can...
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL – efo Wooden Oval Plate is not only great as a everyday serving dish. You can use it as a breakfast tray, a dinner tray, a tea tray, a substitute of a fruit basket, fruit bowls or...
- Unique, stylish, and refreshingly useful, this solid mango wood board takes pride of place on any dinner table or kitchen worktop
- The design merges rugged wood (with a gorgeous preserved grain) and factory press-style iron, for a touch of modern industrial luxe
- Serve appetisers, canapés, tapas and cheese boards to guests in trend-setting style. Natural imperfections make each tray unique
- Make nature your centrepiece with this beautiful acacia wood serving board
- Use it to serve artisan bread straight from the oven, slices of cured meats and cheese, or pots of sumptuous crème brûlèe for dessert
- Every platter is unique. Each is made of gorgeous acacia wood complete with original bark edging, exposed grain and growth rings
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.