When you need a slab of something sweet, this chocolatey bake should hit the spot.
Chocolate chip, raspberry and almond cake
- 80 ml olive oil, rapeseed oil or melted unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 80 g oat flour (blend 80g of any type of plain oats you have in a food processor until it becomes a rough flour) plus extra for dusting
- 80 g ground almonds
- 80 g soft brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 35 g plain dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids) finely chopped
- 100 g frozen or fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream or natural yoghurt
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/Gas Mark 6 and grease a 23cm cake tin with oil, then dust with flour, tipping out any excess.
- Mix the ground almonds, oil, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, egg, milk and almond extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the chopped chocolate and raspberries and slightly swirl them into the batter with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes until the middle of the cake springs back when you apply light pressure with your finger.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cake to cool in the tin. Once completely cooled, slice and serve as is, or with whipped cream or yoghurt and fresh raspberries.
The Savvy Cook by Izy Hossack, photography by Izy Hossack, is published in hardback by Mitchell Beazley.
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. Affiliate links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.