Great served hot or cold, this quiche is perfect for a light lunch, brunch or a summer picnic. Rich, buttery pastry encases a fluffy, creamy filling of spinach and Feta cheese topped with pine nuts.
Feta and spinach quiche
- 20 cm ﬂuted baking tin
- 150 g baby spinach
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 150 g Feta cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg to season
- 100 g pine nuts to decorate
- Pre heat oven 180˚C (Fan 160˚C, Gas Mark 4)
- Rub the butter into the ﬂour until it feels and looks like breadcrumbs. Add enough water to bring the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap in cling ﬁlm and rest for 15 mins.
- Roll out pastry on a ﬂoured surface and line a 20cm ﬂuted tin, pressing carefully, cut away excess pastry. Put into the fridge to chill.
- Steam the spinach until just wilted. Leave to cool and dry slightly.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt, not too much, the Feta will add some saltiness, pepper and nutmeg. Cut the Feta into chunks and add to the mix.
- Add the cooked spinach and stir, then spoon into the pastry case. Add the pine nuts.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 35 minutes or until set.
Recipes courtesy of Carr’s Flour
You may be interested in…
Best-selling 20-inch quiche tin
Check out our list of best-selling products on Amazon.
- LOOSE base for quick release; Perfect for savoury or sweet tarts, flans, quiches, or desserts
- ECLIPSE non-stick coating is the best non-stick coating on available on the market; With its dual non-stick coating Tala Performance has excellent release properties, is super easy to clean and long...
- ROBUST Made with robust heavy weight carbon steel; The thick carbon steel is incredibly strong, long-lasting and is an excellent heat conductor; The coating is so strong it is safe for use with metal...
- Perfect for flans, tarts and quiches
- Easy to use pop out base for mess free baking and professional results
- Fluted edges allows you to drape your rolled-pastry over the tin, press it into the edges and base, giving you an elegant finish
- EASY RELEASE: this pan bakes delicious quiches and fruit tarts with fluted edges, and has a loose base to release them without damage
- SUPREME PERFORMANCE: 1 mm thick carbon steel ensures smooth heat transfer, while its sandblasted surface improves non stick adhesion
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- ★【Premium Baking Performance】Made of 1mm thick heavy-duty carbon steel and high-quality non-stick coating for durable uses,not easy to deform or crack. It's also has super thermal conductivity...
- ★【 Removable Loose Bottom Design 】The quiche pan has a removable sturdy bottom,and the base can be easily detached from the pan.This special design allows you to easily separate the pie from the...
- ★【Safe and Health】The non-stick coating which is not easy to come off and go rusty,non-corrosive.Fluted flan tin can be used in oven,no harmful substance release in high temperature.The flan tin...
- Material: Our pizza plate is made of high-quality carbon steel with a non stick coating, which has strong thermal conductivity and is not easy to rust. It can be used for a long time.
- Design: Removable and detachable chassis, easy to disassemble, easy to clean, and wear-resistant.
- Easy demoulding: This Frying pan bakes delicious souffle and fruit pie, with grooves on the edge and removable bottom, which can be demoulded without damage
Last update on 2023-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This article may include affiliate links to products and services where we may receive a small fee to support the running of this site if you make a purchase or is a sponsored article from one of our select editorial partners providing valuable advice and information to our readers.