These hearty black bean and tomato quesadillas are a quick and easy vegetarian snack or light meal served with a salad. We made them with full flavoured Isle of Wight tomatoes and served them with guacamole and yoghurt on the side.
Tomato and bean quesadillas
- Frying pan
- 250 g tomatoes (we used Isle of Wight tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 800 g tinned beans (we used 2 tins of black beans and cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Four large tortilla wraps
- 120 g cheddar cheese
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces. If using cherries, quarter them.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onions until soft but not coloured, about five minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the spices and cook for another couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes, cook for about five minutes until they have begun to soften.
- Now add the beans to the pan, crushing them slightly with the back of your spoon ora potato masher. Turn off the heat and set to one side.
- Now place the first wrap in a large, dry frying pan over a medium heat for a minute or so until it has just started to colour. Turn it over and put a generous couple of spoonful’s of the bean mixture on one half of the wrap and top with cheese. Fold the wrap over to make a half moon. Press down with a spatula and allow to cook for a couple of minutes before carefully flipping over to cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining wraps.
- Cut each wrap in half to make triangles and serve with guacamole, sriracha and/or yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of The Tomato Stall
Best-selling large frying pans
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- Thermospot technology that lets you know when the pan has reached the optimum temperature to start cooking
- Power resist coating that promises a durable non-stick cooking performance
- This frying pan is induction compatible and dishwasher safe
- RELIABLE 'NO FRILLS' SKILLET FRYING PAN AT A GREAT VALUE PRICE - all the key features you need to get day to day cooking done fast, easily and efficiently from frying eggs to making stir fries and...
- EXCELLENT RESULTS - pan is made from high grade aluminium for fast, even heat distribution on Gas, Halogen, Ceramic and Solid Plate hobs
- STAY-COOL HANDLE - secure and comfortable to hold with a hole at the end for hanging to save space in the kitchen
- ✅ STYLISH & EFFICIENT > Sear steaks, crisp bacon, fry eggs, soften onions and more in the anodised frying pan. Short, flared sides and a broad base allow steam to easily escape the pan to help give...
- ✅ LIGHTWEIGHT & STRONG > The induction frying pan is forged from a single piece of 5.2mm aluminium so it's strong yet lightweight. The metal distributes heat across the pan extremely efficiently to...
- ✅ COMFORTABLE & PRACTICAL > You can safely control the non-stick frying pan using the contoured stainless steel CoolTouch® handle which stays cool while the pan is on the hob. It is securely fixed...
- HEALTHIER WAY TO COOK: chemical free, ceramic non stick releases no toxins during cooking, so it's better for you and the environment
- LESS OIL NECESSARY: fry, sauté and sear your favourite ingredients the guilt-free way. Its powerful non stick instantly releases food
- EXPERTLY DESIGNED: it's made of tough aluminium with a flat iron base, which lets it distribute heat more effectively from your hob
- ✅ FANTASTIC FAMILY MEALS: A wide base and large cooking surface make the non-stick non-stick frying pan perfect for cooking bacon, searing steaks, browning onions or making pancakes. With a 28cm...
- ✅ COOKING MADE SIMPLE: Lightweight yet durable, the 3.5mm aluminium construction creates an even distribution of heat for efficient cooking. A stylish and functional black enamel coating protects...
- ✅ COMFORT & CONTROL: Comfortable non-slip and stay-cool silicone handles allow you to easily and safely manoeuvre the pan around the kitchen. You can keep an eye on what's cooking thanks to the...
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.