“Super-delicious and quick to make, stir-fried greens are a perfect midweek meal when you want to feel like you’ve really done yourself some good,” says chef Tom Kerridge. “There are so many flavours going on here, it’s hard to believe this dish is as healthy as it is.”
Miso stir-fried greens with fried egg
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 3 - 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves ﬁnely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger julienned
- 125 g tenderstem broccoli
- 125 g asparagus
- 125 g mangetout
- 175 g cavolo nero ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 100 g Chinese leaf cabbage thickly shredded
- 100 g rainbow chard roughly chopped into thirds
- 1-cal sunﬂower oil spray
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp furikake (Japanese seasoning) to ﬁnish
- In a small bowl, mix the miso paste, soy sauce and mirin with two tablespoons water until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick wok over a high heat. When it is almost smoking, add the oils, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, until the garlic is golden – don’t let it burn.
- Add the broccoli and asparagus with one tablespoon water. Stir-fry for one minute, then toss in the mangetout and stir-fry for a further one minute. Add a splash more water if the pan looks like it’s drying out.
- Add the cavolo nero, cabbage and miso mixture and stir-fry for one to two minutes or until the cabbage is cooked and wilted. Add the chard and cook for another minute, then remove the wok from the heat.
- Place a medium non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add a few sprays of oil, crack the eggs into the pan and cook for two to three minutes.
- Divide the greens between warmed plates and top each portion with a fried egg. Sprinkle with furikake to serve.
Lose Weight & Get Fit by Tom Kerridge is published by Bloomsbury Absolute. Photography Cristian Barnett.
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. Affiliate links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.