Made with plant-based milk, nut butter and no eggs, these gorgeously gooey brownies from The Hairy Bikers’ Veggie Feasts are vegan-friendly and easy to make.
- 20x20cm tin
- 275 ml plant-based milk any sort
- 150 ml groundnut or walnut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 60 ml hot water
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g light soft brown sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g vegan chocolate chips
- 100 g nut butter any sort
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Line a 20 x 20cm brownie tin with baking paper or brush with cake-release spray.
- Whisk the milk, oil and vanilla extract together in a bowl and set aside. Mix the ground flax seeds with the hot water and leave to stand for five minutes. Whisk all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and the nut butter, together in a separate bowl.
- Beat the flax seeds into the wet ingredients, then add the dry mixture and fold in as gently as you can. Add the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin. Dot spoonfuls of the nut butter all over the batter, then swirl it through, using the tip of a knife. Don’t mix it up too much!
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until the brownies have just set. Leave to cool completely, then cut into squares. If you want them extra fudgy, put them in the fridge for several hours. Otherwise transfer to an airtight container.
The Hairy Bikers’ Veggie Feasts by Si King and Dave Myers, photography by Andrew Hayes-Watkins, is published by Seven Dials.
Best-selling 20cm square cake tins
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- 🍰 Improve Your Baking Skills - our Square Baking Tins are the quintessential baking tool, due to their innovative design. Ensure your cakes are baked with an even finish, as our 20cm Deep Cake Tin...
- 🍰 Durable Design - the 20cm Square Cake Tin set is made from strong, durable aluminium metal. Continue to bake cakes, brownies, and other delicious goods for years, with the Square Tins for Baking....
- 🍰 Good Performance - the materials used for each Square Baking Tin ensure you can remove your baked goods with ease, every time. No more broken cake bases or stuck brownie pieces; each 20x20 Baking...
- EXCEPTIONAL NON STICK: with 2 layers of Quantum II non stick, this deep cake tin releases food easily and cleans in seconds
- ROBUST: the cake pan is made of 1 mm-thick, warp-resistant carbon steel, which is oven safe to 220°C (428°F)
- LOOSE BOTTOM: the pop-up base ensures neat results, so it's ideal for baking impressive middle tiers, as well as fruit and sponge cakes
- Chef Aid Square Cake Pan
- Chef Aid
- Assembly Parts
- Exclusive to Lakeland - ideal for standard birthday cakes, wedding or tiered celebration cakes
- Incredibly non-stick & there are no rolled edges so there will be no rusting or sharp parts
- We've integrated sure grip handles in to our baking tins & they are dishwasher safe
- TRUSTED SINCE 1850: MasterClass's award-winning* bakeware is built to last for years, and boasts a 20 years guarantee (5 years non stick)
- DESIGNED TO LAST: made of 1 mm-thick, electroplated carbon steel, it resists rusting and warping, and it's oven safe to 220°C
- RELEASES CAKES INSTANTLY: this square sandwich tin has a double layer of Quantum II non stick, which is free from PFOA, PTFE and BPA
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.