“With sweet pumpkin spiced with chilli and creamy mozzarella, the combinations of textures and flavours in this dish are so wonderful,” says food writer Clodagh McKenna.
“It couldn’t be more simple and easy to make – a great quick-fix supper. You can swap out the pumpkin for any type of squash you like.”
Roast pumpkin, mozzarella and chilli
- Baking tray
- 1 small pumpkin deseeded and cut into 5cm-thick wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g mozzarella balls drained
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to serve
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the pumpkin in a baking tray or roasting dish. Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- Divide the cooked pumpkin wedges between two plates. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and scatter over the pumpkin, followed by the thinly sliced chilli. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar to serve.
Clodagh’s Weeknight Kitchen by Clodagh McKenna is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Dora Kazmierak.
You may also be interested in…Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.