These peach, Proscuitto and caramalised shallot tarts are an unbelievably delicious balance of sweet and savoury that make the most of summer produce. Perfect for a starter, they may look impressive, but they’re actually very easy to put together with some shop-bought puff pastry.
Peach, Prosciutto and caramelised shallot tarts
- Frying pan
- Baking tray
- Small bowl
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g echalion shallots peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- A few sprigs of thyme leaves picked
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 ripe peaches
- 320 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50 g Prosciutto slices
- 50 g Parmesan
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the shallots along with the chilli flakes, thyme (reserving a few leaves for garnish), vinegar, and seasoning. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes until dark brown, caramelised and sticky.
- Slice the bottom third from each peach and then carefully remove the stone.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the puff pastry onto a baking tray, leaving it on its greaseproof paper. Using a small bowl as a guide, cut the puff pastry into circles large enough to contain the peaches. Save the discards for another recipe.
- Cut a 2cm border around the edge of each tart. Fill the centre of each tart with a tablespoon of the caramelised shallot mixture. Top each tart with the larger portion of the destoned peach. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then use a pastry brush to paint the border of each tart with it. Place into the oven to cook for 20 minutes until the peaches are soft and the pastry is golden and puffed up.
- Finish the tarts with a drizzle of honey, a slice of Prosciutto, a generous grating of Parmesan and a few thyme leaves.
Recipe courtesy of UK Shallots
Best-selling non-stick frying pans
Need a frying pan for this recipe? Check out our list of best-selling products on Amazon.
- Tefal's unique Thermospot technology
- Non-stick coating on both frying pans
- 20cm Frying pan and 28cm Frying pan
- 24CM FRYING PAN – This frying pan is a kitchen must-have. At 24cm, the pan can be used for frying, searing and browning just about anything including vegetables, meat and fish. Matching 24cm pan lid...
- SUITABILITY - Like all Blackmoor pans, it is suitable for cooking on electric hobs, gas hobs, induction hobs and hot plates. The stylish, black marble effect coating will complement any kitchen and is...
- COOL-TOUCH HANDLE - The pan has a soft grip handle that stays cool to the touch to ensure your comfort and safety while you are whipping up culinary delights. The handle also has a convenient hole for...
- 20cm, 24cm & 28cm frying pan set with heavy gauge stainless steel induction base and aluminium core for fast and even heating
- Easy food release: non-stick coating and rivets
- Easy to use: stay-cool handles for a secure grip
- Granite Non Stick & Scratch Resistant Coating - The elegantly designed granite interior of this 28cm frying pan is ultra non-stick and scratch resistant that enhances both durability and cooking...
- SUITABILITY - Rainberg pans are suitable for cooking on electric hobs, gas hobs, induction hobs and hot plates. The stylish, black marble effect coating will complement any kitchen.
- Heats Quickly & Evenly - Made of professional grade aluminium alloy that conducts heat quickly and evenly with precise temperature control and no hot spot. Anti-warp base of the granite frying pan...
- 【Swiss Non-Stick Coating】- Switzerland imported 3-layer non-stick coating,unique ball blasting technology. The effect is more than 3 times higher than the traditional non-stick frying pan.SGS...
- 【Suitable For All Stoves】- High magnetic conductive stainless steel base allows the deep frying pan skillet to work on all cooktops, Induction compatible. The core of the saute pan is die cast...
- 【Deeper Depth for More Cooking Options】- Size: 30 cm diameter, 8.2 cm deep, 4.6L capacity.This saute pan is deep and large enough for saute, stirfry, boil, shallow fry & deep fry.
Last update on 2022-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may be interested in…
This article may include affiliate links to products and services where we may receive a small fee to support the running of this site if you make a purchase or is a sponsored article from one of our select editorial partners providing valuable advice and information to our readers.