Here’s a great way to make the most of Jersey Royal new potatoes – now in season. These delicious, squidgy, nutty brownies are a perfect dessert or tea-time treat – best served with salted caramel.
Jersey Royal brownies with peanut butter and salted caramel
- 20cm square baking tin
- Electric whisk
- 275 g Jersey Royal potatoes scrubbed but left whole
- 75 g butter
- 75 g crunchy peanut butter
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 110 g self-raising
- 40 g cocoa
- 25 g salted peanuts roughly chopped
- Salted caramel to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes, and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Pull off any loose bits of skin and then finely grate the potatoes.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin. Preheat the oven to fan 160ºC/180ºC/gas mark 6.
- In a large pan, gently melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate, stirring regularly to combine and stop the chocolate catching on the bottom. Remove from the heat.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the sugar and eggs for a few minutes until they are thick. Fold in the chocolate mixture until well combined, then gradually fold in the grated potatoes. Sift over the flour and cocoa and fold into the mix. Spoon into the baking tray and scatter over the peanuts. Bake for 20 minutes until just cooked but still a little wobbly. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cut into 12 squares and serve with salted caramel.
Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royals
Best-selling 20cm square baking tins
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- 🍰 Improve Your Baking Skills - our Square Baking Tins are the quintessential baking tool, due to their innovative design. Ensure your cakes are baked with an even finish, as our 20cm Deep Cake Tin...
- 🍰 Durable Design - the 20cm Square Cake Tin set is made from strong, durable aluminium metal. Continue to bake cakes, brownies, and other delicious goods for years, with the Square Tins for Baking....
- 🍰 Good Performance - the materials used for each Square Baking Tin ensure you can remove your baked goods with ease, every time. No more broken cake bases or stuck brownie pieces; each 20x20 Baking...
- TRUSTED SINCE 1850: MasterClass's award-winning* bakeware is built to last for years, and boasts a 20 years guarantee (5 years non stick)
- DESIGNED TO LAST: made of 1 mm-thick, electroplated carbon steel, it resists rusting and warping, and it's oven safe to 220°C
- RELEASES CAKES INSTANTLY: this square sandwich tin has a double layer of Quantum II non stick, which is free from PFOA, PTFE and BPA
- Exclusive to Lakeland - ideal for standard birthday cakes, wedding or tiered celebration cakes
- Incredibly non-stick & there are no rolled edges so there will be no rusting or sharp parts
- We've integrated sure grip handles in to our baking tins & they are dishwasher safe
- STAINLESS STEEL SQUARE CAKE TIN: Homikit 8Inch square cake tin is built well from food grade stainless steel without harmful chemicals will flake into your food, Hygienic and reliable for all sorts of...
- WELL MADE CAKE PAN: Engineered by heavy gauge stainless steel to provide even-heat performance, No burning, bending or buckling issues; Robust construction and smooth rolled edges without sharp spots...
- SEAMLESS ONE PIECE CAKE MOLD: This metal roasting tin is created with seamless design to give a nice square edging on your cake without any leakage, Perfect depth (5cm) ideal to bake middle tiers for...
- EXCEPTIONAL NON STICK: with 2 layers of Quantum II non stick, this deep cake tin releases food easily and cleans in seconds
- ROBUST: the cake pan is made of 1 mm-thick, warp-resistant carbon steel, which is oven safe to 220°C (428°F)
- LOOSE BOTTOM: the pop-up base ensures neat results, so it's ideal for baking impressive middle tiers, as well as fruit and sponge cakes
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.