Jamie Oliver’s five-ingredient recipe for smoky chorizo salmon will bring a taste of the Mediterranean to your weekday suppers.
With these colours, you’d be mad not to whip it up yourself. And you wouldn’t be blamed for immediately posting a picture of it on Instagram.
Smoky chorizo salmon
- 2 150g salmon fillets skin on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 300 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 8 black olives stone in
- 30 g chorizo (higher welfare)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Put the salmon flesh side down in a large cold non-stick frying pan and place on a medium-high heat. As the pan comes up to temperature and the salmon begins to sizzle (about three minutes), flip it over and cook on the skin side for five minutes, or until very crisp and just cooked (depending on its thickness).
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes, tear up most of the basil leaves, then toss it all with one tablespoon of red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Squash the olives and discard the stones, then finely chop the flesh. Mix with one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of water.
- Finely slice the chorizo, add to the pan for the last two minutes, then toss in the dressed tomatoes for 30 seconds. Divide between your plates, with the salmon on top. Spoon over the dressed olives and pick over the remaining basil.
5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House. Recipe © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, Photography © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by David Loftus (2017 5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food).
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. Affiliate links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.