“Lazy bakers rejoice! This three-ingredient bread recipe takes under an hour to become a delicious loaf – and it requires no kneading or proving,” says Katy Beskow, author of Five Ingredient Vegan.
“The magic/science lies in the beer: the yeast reacts with the sugar and the fizzy bubbles add extra carbon dioxide, meaning you’ll get a fluffy, tearable loaf, with a satisfying crust.”
Three-ingredient beer bread
- A small 23 x 12cm (9 x 5in) loaf tin
- Large bowl
- 450 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 330 ml bottle of beer (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a small 23 x 12cm (9 x 5in) loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Mix together the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in the beer and mix to form a thick batter. Stir to ensure the mixture is combined, then pour into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50–55 minutes until a golden crust has formed. Allow to cool a little before removing from the tin and peeling away the baking parchment.
Five Ingredient Vegan by Katy Beskow is published by Quadrille. Photography Luke Albert.
Best-selling loaf tins
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- Made of super-strong 1.0mm commercial weight carbon steel. This 2lb loaf pan is perfect for baking up a variety of recipes including banana bread, pound cake and traditional loaves for the family.
- Uses a double-layer superior Whitford Eclipse coating, this 1 mm-thick tin is a lifetime purchase and won't warp, corrode or flake
- BPA and PTFE-free, each product from the Tala Performance range is manufacturerd by the finest, fully audited bakeware with state of the art non-stick spray coating facilities.
- 2lb Loaf Baking Tin
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Teflon Innovations Silicone Non-Stick Coating; Material: Carbon Steel
- Multifunctional - These rectangular bread pans by Grizzly are not only capable of baking bread. You can also easily use them as a cake tin for all kinds of cakes and when baking bread. There are no...
- Robust Material and Easy Release - Made of high-quality carbon steel, these baking pans by Grizzly are strong and durable. Thanks to the special 2-layer, ceramic-reinforced Greblon B2+ non-stick...
- Classic Design - The rolled rim of each bread baking tin holds the food in perfect shape and ensures safety, stability and prevents the contents from spilling over. The non-stick baking tray set can...
- Heavy duty carbon steel and an electroplated finish make it oven safe to 220°C, as well as warp and rust resistant
- The Quantum II coating releases baked loaves quickly and smoothly, making clean-ups easy
- Rounded corners give breads, cakes and meatloaves a nostalgic, homemade look
- Le Creuset PFOA-free Non-stick Bakeware 2 lb Loaf Tin with compact shape, Lifetime Guarantee
- Versatile: Oven safe to 240°C/Gas Mark 9, Ideal for baking loaf breads and cakes and meatloaf, Heats evenly without warping
- Strong heavy-gauge carbon steel, Anti-warp, metal, Utensil safe with care
Last update on 2022-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Wise Living Magazine has included affiliate links to products and services in this article where we may receive a small fee to support the running of this site if you make a purchase.