After a rocky road recipe that’s a little different? Rocky road’s traditional marshmallow stickiness has been replaced by tinned figs in this recipe, from Lola Milne’s new cookbook – and it might be better than the original.
“Sweet and juicy, they work perfectly with the rich dark chocolate and almondy crunch of amaretti biscuits,” says Milne.
Rocky road with figs and walnuts
- Brownie tin
- 170 g butter slightly salted, diced
- 335 g dark chocolate broken into squares
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 120 g walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 120 g amaretti biscuits broken into small pieces (digestives, lotus or hobnobs would also work well)
- 425 g tin figs in syrup drained and chopped
- Line a 20cm square brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly melt together the butter, chocolate and golden syrup, then fold in most of the walnuts, biscuits and figs.
- Tip into the prepared tin, spreading evenly, and top with the remaining ingredients. Chill in the fridge to firm up (about two to three hours minimum) before cutting into 10 bars.
Take One Tin by Lola Milne, photography by Lizzie Mayson, is published by Kyle Books.
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. Affiliate links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.