MasterChef fans know Gregg Wallace loves a pudding, and this is Italian simplicity at its best – absolutely anyone can make this recipe of Anna’s.
Present these to your dinner guests with their Italian name: ‘Pesche alla griglia con panna montata’.
Grilled peaches with whipped mascarpone cream
- Griddle pan
- 200 g mascarpone cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 4 peaches large ripe but firm, halved and stones removed
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 8 amaretti biscuits crushed
- Put the mascarpone and vanilla paste into a bowl and mix until smooth. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Meanwhile, brush the cut side of the peaches with the melted butter.
- When the pan is hot, place the peaches on it, cut-side down, and griddle for three minutes. They are ready when the flesh is golden brown and chargrilled lines have formed.
- Transfer the peaches to a serving plate. Place a spoonful of the chilled cream in the middle of each half.
- Sprinkle with the amaretti and serve straight away.
Gregg’s Italian Family Cookbook by Gregg & Anna Wallace is published by Mitchell Beazley (octopusbooks.co.uk).
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page. Affiliate links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.