The humble cauliflower has been having something of a renaissance in recent years. It’s being carved and grilled like steak, roasted and sprinkled with nuts and spices – and, most trendily, being blitzed up and served as ‘rice’ (apparently it looks and feels like the traditional white stuff).
- Food processor
- Frying pan
- Remove the leaves and stalk of one cauliflower and cut into quarters.
- Coarsely grate or blitz the cauliflower in a food processor.
- Melt a knob of butter in frying pan.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, stir so the butter is evenly distributed.
- At this stage you can fry the rice until slightly crisp, or add a couple of tablespoons of water, pop on a lid and steam for five minutes.
- Season and add any additional flavourings you fancy – meat, veggies or throw in an egg for egg fried cauliflower rice.
Need a box grater, try Lantana’s 6 sided Grater with Container from Amazon.
Prefer a food processor? Try the popular Kenwood Compact Food Processor with its large 1.4L bowl.
Best cauliflower recipes
- Kimchi cauliflower fried rice recipe
- Roasted cauliflower, preserved lemon and chilli pasta
- Cauliflower popcorn recipe with black vinegar dipping sauce
- Cauliflower cheese and white bean bake
- How to make Berber & Q’s cauliflower shawarma with pomegranate, pine nuts and rose
- How to make cauliflower buffalo wings
- How to make Antoni Porowski’s cauliflower steaks with turmeric and crunchy almonds
- How to make Liam Charles’ cauliflower show salad
- How to make Ainsley Harriott’s baked cauliflower with black beans and coconut
- How to make Yotam Ottolenghi’s cauliflower, pomegranate and pistachio salad
Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.