Tender lamb, marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano threaded onto skewers with thick wedges of shallot. These kebabs are great stuffed into some flatbread with tzatziki and salad.
BBQ lamb and shallot flatbreads
- Barbecue or cast iron griddle
- You also need 6 skewers to thread the kebabs onto. If using wooden ones soak them in water for an hour so they don’t burn on the grill.
- 600 g lamb leg steaks cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 6 shallots peeled and quartered through the root
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 flatbreads or wraps or pitta bread
- slices of tomato and cucumber
- Add the lamb to a bowl and mix together with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and oregano. Season with a good grind of salt and pepper, stir well and cover with cling film. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or longer if you have time.
- When you are ready to cook you need to heat a barbecue until its really hot. You can also cook these inside on a cast iron griddle, preheated on the hob until smoking-hot.
- Thread the lamb and shallot quarters onto the skewers and grill for about 8-9 minutes, turning a few times so they cook evenly.
- Whilst the kebabs are cooking, warm the flatbreads or pittas by wrapping them in foil and laying on the grill bars, or warming in the oven.
- To serve, use a fork to pull the meat and shallot from each skewer and onto the centre of each flatbread or stuff inside a pitta. Top with a little tzatziki and a cucumber and tomato salad and tuck in.
Recipe courtesy of UK Shallots
Best-selling BBQ skewers
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- 【HEAVY DUTY】 Our luxurious stainless steel barbecue skewers are constructed with a heavy duty blade which won't rust! Thicker than the competition at 1.2mm and engineered to remain rigid, not bend...
- 【UNIQUE TWISTED DESIGN】 FANSIR twisted BBQ skewers are designed to fit on the lip of any grill at any angle for turning and positioning them at any angle for more thorough cooking. The twists trap...
- 【FLAT SKEWER WITH PERFECT SIZE】 Get 10 in 1 package! Each skewer measures 15 inches in length and 0.5 cm in width, long and wide enough to hold everything from any meat, vegetables, fruit kebabs,...
- ★【12 PCS Heavy Duty Kebab Meat Skewers】This bbq skewers is made of Food Grade 304 stainless steel, which is reusable and strong, also rust resistant for long term use. Length is 15 inches long.
- ★【 Flat Metal Skewers Design】Wide and Flat rather than round. kebab skewers metal holds everything in place so the meat and veggies don't move around when you try to flip the skewer on the...
- ★【UNIQUE Twisted Heat-insulation Design】38 cm long enough roasting fork equiped a twisted design in tail, it can keep from heat transfer to the hands, no hot hurt your hand, you will have a lot...
- Ring-tip handle for finger-tip handling
- Perfect for loading with meat and vegetables for grilling or barbecuing.
- These metal skewers made of 304 Stainless steel, eco than bamboo skewers.
- Ideal for barbecues and buffets
- Available in beige colour
- 30 cm in length
- ✅Material: Made of high quality stainless steel with a smooth finished, so that food slides smoothly on and off. Easy to clean and reusable.
- ✅Flat Blade: The skewer portion is flat and about 1/5" wide. These flat blade skewers prevent items such as tomatoes, zucchini, fish etc from twisting as you turn the skewer. (Round skewers allow...
- ✅Longer Length of 16.7": These 16.7" stainless steel skewers are more than enough to get most grilling jobs done, you can put much more food you like. Great for camping, indoor grilling, outdoor BBQ...
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in…Wise Living Magazine may receive a small commission to help support the running of this site from purchases made from links on this page, or some links may have been sponsored to be included in the article. Affiliate or sponsored links do not influence our editorial or articles published by Wise Living.