Nothing beats a warm cup of tea, but if you’re working from home, and mainly in the house all day, you can end up chain drinking it to the point of liquid boredom.
So what do you do if the unthinkable happens and you get sick of your go-to brew? We’d recommend switching things up with a range of herbal teas, promising interesting new flavours and potential health benefits in every cup.
And regardless of the variety, herbal tea is a great way to drink more water and cut back on caffeine…
The ancient Egyptians loved chamomile, using the flowers to treat ailments and brewing the tea for colds.
Today it’s often drunk to help alleviate menstrual cramps. Studies suggest chamomile can help manage pain, but more research needs to be done. At the very least though, a warming cup of tea might have a placebo or calming effect, even if it doesn’t affect the actual period pains.
If you struggle with sleep, it could be worth drinking a cup of chamomile an hour or so before bedtime, as preliminary research suggests it can help with insomnia.
The NHS says peppermint oil can help ease bloating, cramps and wind – particularly if you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome – and drinking tea is an easy way of upping your peppermint intake.
If you find yourself drifting off at your desk, the sharp smell of a peppermint tea could help give you a boost and make you feel more alert. A 2009 study suggested peppermint – as well as cinnamon – could increase alertness and reduce frustration in drivers. At the very least, a cheeky peppermint tea is a great way to freshen up your breath.
Pronounced ‘roy-boss’ and also known as red bush, this South African tea has a slightly sweet, woody taste. Plus it’s packed full of antioxidants.
It has been suggested rooibos tea can help soothe muscle cramps and diarrhoea. It also contains fewer tannins than a cup of green or black tea, which can allow the body to absorb more iron.
Echinacea tea has a distinctive tongue tingling effect. As it’s quite a strong taste on its own, it’s often brewed with softer flavours like raspberry or elderberry.
Echinacea is loaded with antioxidants like flavonoids, which can help your body function more efficiently. Traditionally, echinacea tea has been used to fight colds – more research needs to be done to confirm this, but anecdotally, its botanical nature does feel fortifying.
With a fiery, sharp taste, not everyone is a fan of ginger tea. However, if you do like some punch to your brew, you could reap some of the purported benefits of ginger.
It is suggested ginger can help ease nausea, and studies also associate it with a reduced risk of high blood pressure. If you’re not a fan of straight ginger, add lemon and honey to your cup, or go for teabags where the ginger is paired with another flavour.
Best-selling herbal teas
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- 45 sachets of incredible organic herbal teas selected from the Pukka range
- Supreme Matcha Green - Turmeric Gold - Peppermint and Licorice - Feel New - Elderberry and Echinacea - Three Ginger - Love - Lemon Ginger and Manuka Honey - Night Time
- Bring these incredible herbs alive by infusing in freshly boiled water for up to 15 minutes
- Tetley variety pack bursting with natural and intense fruity flavours including Fresh Mint (80 tea bags), Raspberry & Pomegranate (40 tea bags), Pure Green Tea (40 tea bags), Earl Grey (80 tea bags),...
- Range of Tetley flavours to satisfy any palate, 360 premium-enveloped string & tag teabags perfect for catering and hosting large get togethers
- Brewing instructions: Mint Fusion, Raspberry & Pomegranate, Camomile and Lemon & Ginger 1) Add fresh water and brew for 3-5 minutes 2) Always best enjoyed without milk; Green Tea and Green Tea Mango...
- Your box of herbal delight. Sing, dance, love, live
- Elderberry & Echinacea - Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey - Night Time - Three Mint - Detox
- Five delicious, organic award-winning teas
- An assortment of delicious herbal infusions
- 60 foil wrapped tea bags
- This selection includes: mixed Citrus, Rosehip & Cherry, Rooibos & Cinnamon, Chamomile & Lemongrass, Mixed Berry and Hibiscus
- 100% NATURALLY CAFFEINE FREE - This Herbal Tea Selection Contains Only Herbal Infusions That Contain No Caffeine
- BEAUTIFULLY BOXED SELECTION - Perfect as a Gift or Just as Good For Your Kitchen, This Large Pack Contains 120 Tea Bags With 8 Different Herbal Infusions
- PROVIDES VAST ARRAY OF HEALTH BENEFITS - The Different Herbs & Spices Contained in This Collection Are Known to Provide Various Health Benefits, Including With Digestion, Blood Pressure & Kidney...
- Beautifully festive herbal tea gift set containing Pukka‘s favourite winter warming teas
- Christmas gift containing 30 delicious organic herbal tea sachets to bring the to bring the festive spirit come to life.
- 6 sachets of 5 different Christmas blends: Wildapple & Cinnamon, Revitalise, Cacao Chai, Three Ginger, Turmeric Gold
- Tea selection gift box including 45 sachets of incredible organic herbal teas selected from the Pukka range for seasonal wellness.
- Elderberry and Echinacea - Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey - Turmeric Glow - Blackcurrant Beauty - Three Ginger
- A variety gift set for you and for the planet. 1% of the sales from this selection box will go towards environmental causes and our packaging is both recyclable and comes from renewable sources.
- Discover irresistible infusions for the flavour curious. Tempting fruit and herbal infusions, packed full of extraordinary flavours and natural ingredients
- This blend is a multi-sensorial sensation. Sweet juicy peach flavour with a delicious zesty sharpness from the orange peel. Baobab is a delicious fruit with a sweet citrusy flavour that adds an exotic...
- Sugar and Caffeine Free.
- Award winning organic happy tea bags made using whole leaves
- An uplifting blend of turmeric, apple and lemon balm
- Loose leaf tea quality with the convenience of a biodegradable bag
- Every Pukka tea uses the highest grade of herbs
- Made with a sleepy crush of organic oatflower, soothing lavender and silky-sweet limeflower
- The perfect cup before bedtime
Last update on 2021-05-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API