Whether on holiday or at home, we all know we should be protecting our skin from harmful UV rays with a high-factor sunscreen, especially during the summer, when UVB rays (the kind that causes sunburn) are strongest.
Yet we’re all guilty – let’s be honest – of sometimes skipping the SPF, because we ‘haven’t got time, or failing to apply it properly because we don’t want to end up covered in greasy residue.
6 of the best sun cream sprays
Not all sunblocks are created equal, however. If you’re ready to wash your hands (literally) of thick lotions, a lightweight SPF mist may be the answer. Take the stress out of sunscreen with these easy to use aerosols…
1. Tesco Soleil Dry Touch Sun Protection Mist SPF 50, £3.60
This bargain factor 50 spray is now cheaper than ever – in a bid to make sun protection more affordable, and therefore more accessible, Tesco has reduced the price of its own brand Soleil range by 20%, equivalent to the VAT.
2. Lloyds Pharmacy Solero Invisible Sun Spray SPF 30, £5 (was £7)
A completely clear, waterproof and quick-drying formula, this factor 30 spray protects against UVA, UVB and IR-A (infrared) rays.
3. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Anti-Shine Face Mist SPF 50+, £10.49 (was £13.99), Superdrug
Designed for sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin types, this light mist has a matte finish, so it won’t mess up your make-up, even when applied on top.
4. Ultrasun Face UV Protection Mist SPF 50, £14.40 (was £18), Beauty Bay
New from Ultrasun, this multitasking mist also protects against environmental aggressors and blue light from devices. The clear, quick-drying formula is vegan and cruelty-free.
5. Bioderma Photoderm Body Mist SPF 50+
Combining high factor UVA/B protection with Bioderma’s patented skincare technology, this face and body mist has extra anti-ageing properties.
No products found.
6. Decree Day Shield SPF 30, £75
The Rolls Royce of sunscreens, this luxurious mist from Dr AJ Sturnam’s skincare line provides not just SPF 30 protection, but skin-boosting peptides and antioxidants too.
Best-selling aerosol sun cream spray
Need more inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- Sand resistant formula to protect against an itchy sand feeling
- Non-sticky and water resistant
- Tested under paediatric control
- SPF50+ very high protection
- Developed for fair, sensitive and sun intolerant skin
- Dry mist formula - non greasy and water resistant
- Delicate Skin: NIVEA's kids face suncream has been specially designed for children, babies and delicate skin. The moisturising cream immediately protects
- SPF 50+: NIVEA sun cream SPF 50 offers a high level of sun protection which reduces the risk of sun-induced allergies and UV-induced skin damage
- Water Resistant: The sensitive kid's spray is highly water-resistant so you do not need to reapply the suncream 50 after your children have been in the sea
- This ambre solaire dry mist SPF30 offers high protection
- Absorbs quickly, without leaving white marks on skin or clothes
- Gives a bare skin feeling that is non-greasy and non-sticky
- Moisturising protection: NIVEA moisturising cream spray offers effective protection against sun exposure with its highly effective UVA/UVB filter
- SPF 50: NIVEA sun cream SPF 50 offers a medium level of sun protection which reduces the risk of sun-induced allergies and UV-induced skin damage
- Completely transparent: The moisturising suncream 30 spray is 100 Percent transparent and non-greasy which means it leaves no white marks or stains on clothes
- Every day, your skin is exposed to external aggressors such as the sun's rays, pollution, oxidative stress and heat which can damage, age and dehydrate your skin
- Ambre Solaire's 1st Protecting and Hydrating Face Mist offers everyday protection against the harmful effects of UV rays, free radicals in pollution and dehydration
- The formula helps protect against long term damage from the sun and premature skin ageing whilst hydrating skin at the same time
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API