If, like me, you want long, full lashes but can’t – no matter how hard you try – get to grips with falsies, and don’t want to shell out £30 a time for salon extensions, you may be surprised to learn that there is another way.
Halfway between strip lashes and extensions, Lashify lets you apply short lash sections one at a time, promising a professional, long-lasting look that anyone can achieve at home.
But is it really so simple? Here’s how I got on when I tried the DIY approach.
How does Lashify work?
To start with, you need to buy the Lashify Control Kit, £115, which provides you with a Fuse Control Wand (specially shaped tweezers, essentially) to position the lashes, glue to hold them in place, Glass finishing coat and two sets of Gossamer Lashes (priced from £10), which come in three styles: A (amplify), B (bold) or C (curl); and six different lengths. Each set contains 12 lashes.
Unlike most false eyelashes, which are applied above the lash line and glue directly to your skin, with Lashify you place them underneath and glue them to the lash hair, not the skin.
Is it easy to use?
After my Control Kit arrives I jump on a Zoom call with Lashify’s director of educational training Vanessa Quinteros (any customer can book a free video call with an expert), who gets me to practise holding the wand correctly, applying the lashes and squeezing my upper lashes with the wand to seal them in place. She recommends having one mirror in front of you and a smaller one on the table so you can look down into it.
I use a cotton pad to cleanse my lashes and make sure they’re free of any mascara or make-up, then allow them to dry. With the spoolie end of the Whisper Light Dual-Sided Bond, I wiggle a fine coat of glue at the base of my upper lashes (as if applying mascara only to the roots) then follow up with a few tiny dots using the brush end. The bond should go 1mm to 2mm above the waterline.
Placing a few A12 Gossamer lashes in front of me, I pick up the first one and am amazed when I manage to deposit it on the outer corner of my right eye with ease, looking down into the mirror using the end of the wand to push it into place. The next one is a bit more fiddly and I have to make three attempts before I get it to stick.
With three lashes in place, I decide that’s enough (my eyes are quite round so I don’t want to go too far in). I pop the Wandoms (small plastic covers) onto the ends of the wand, slowly position them on either side of my lashes and squeeze to ‘fuse’ the lashes, then finish with a coat of clear Glass which neatly combs the lashes and removes any sticky residue.
My left eye is more tricky and when I examine my handiwork more closely I realise one of the lashes is rather wonky, but on the whole, I’m happy with how they look.
The real test comes a few days later when I have to go it alone. Using the how-to guide as a reminder, I follow the steps again, this time starting with one lash on the outside of the lash line and one towards the inner corner, finishing with one in the middle.
It takes about 20 minutes (mainly because I keep checking the instructions to make sure I’m doing it right) but once I’ve completed my make-up with a smoky eye look I’m loving my extra-long lashes. With Lashify you don’t use mascara – if you want a more exaggerated look choose the B (bold) Gossamers.
How long do the lashes last?
According to Lashify, the lashes will last up to 10 days, but I have to admit I’ve ended up pulling my lashes off the next morning, simply because I sleep with an eye mask on. While the silk mask didn’t destroy the lashes completely, they looked a bit messy by the morning and I only wanted them for one night anyway.
In future, I’m going to forgo my eye mask and see how long I can get the lashes to stay in place. The glue is waterproof but I found they were easy to gently pull off without losing any of my lashes at the same time.
I was surprised at how quickly I got the hang of Lashify, particularly as I’ve struggled so much with strip lashes in the past. I’m now totally hooked and will be wearing them whenever I’m getting glammed up for a night out.
Being able to choose how many lashes you apply to each eye means that it’s a more bespoke approach, and having so many Gossamer styles to choose from allows you to tailor and switch up your look, from natural to bold. Next, I’m going to try mixing different lengths so I can apply shorter lashes towards to inside and longer on the outside.
At £115 for the starter kit, this is quite an investment, but the tools, glue and sealing gloss will last a long time, and you can buy replacements separately if you need to. Compared to the cost of salon appointments, if you’re already a lash-extensions regular then you could actually end up saving money in the long run.
Best-selling false eyelashes
Stuck for inspiration? Check out our list of best-selling Amazon products!
- 【Magnetic Lashes and Liner】Magnetic eyelashes with eyeliner kit comes with 2 tubes of special eyeliner that contain ultra-fine magnetic particles that allow the magnetic eyelash to easily connect....
- 【6 Pairs Magnetic Eyelashes】Now you have not just 6 pair magnetic eyelashes, but also 6 styles magnetic lashes (Natural, Party, Work, Night out, Wedding event and Daily styles). Long and volumed...
- 【Natural Magnetic Eyelashes with Eyeliner】Our magnetic eyeliner contains the best proportion of ultrafine magnetic particles, not a glue or stickiness of liquid, that allow the magnetic eyelash to...
- Improved Style
- Long, Angled Lash with a twisty, Messed Up Finish
- ♥【HAND-MADE】: Each of our 3D false lashes is Hand-made and made of ultra-light synthetic fibers, just as soft as your natural lashes. A daily necessary item for mink eyelashes lover, making your...
- ♥【SOFT MATERIAL】: Full Thick hair and thin strip line make the lashes look natural and fluffy. These false eyelashes are soft and comfortable to wear, just as light as feathers and do not feel...
- ♥【PACKAGE】: Each box contains 4 different styles of eyelashes.No matter which makeup style you want, such as sweet, sexy, smokey,funny and beautiful, it meets your need. You will be the focus of...
- HIGH QUALITY 3D FALSE EYELASHES: The crisscross eyelashes are made of thin fiber material.Perfectly blends your own natural eye lashes, adding the ideal eyelash length and volume.
- EASY TO USE: Best fake eyelashes are irritant-free and comfortable to wear.Cotton band easy to apply and remove.
- PACKAGING COMPOSITION: Contain 10 pairs eyelashes,No glue.
- 10 DIFFERENT STYLES LASHES: The false lash set contains 10 styles total 10 pairs delicate falsies, each with glittering box. These wispy, round/flare lashes are elegant and glamorous adding even...
- HIGH QUALITY: Newcally eyelashes are 100% handmade by fine synthetic fibers, 100% vegan and 100% cruelty-free. They are the most natural looking style in the luxury synthetic styles.
- COMFORTABLE TO WEAR: Comfortable cotton lash band are not heavy and thick at all. Easy to apply, and can be perfectly curved to match the shape of your eyes.
- HIGH QUALITY & HAND-MADE LASHES:JEEZ 3D false lashes are Hand-made and made of ultra-light synthetic fibers, as soft and fluffy as your lashes, Vivid and shiny and long lifespan,make your eyes bright...
- Dramatic Look: Suitable for professional application like Wedding Event & Photo shoot & dating night or a girls night & graduation & birthday party.
- Easy to Apply And Remove：Easy To Install with thick flexible band,hypoallergenic,no harm to your eyes.Use eyelash adhesive on the band,then install the eyelashes to your own human lashes
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API