This season’s biggest beauty trend didn’t start on the catwalks or the red carpet – it was a product of the pandemic.
“Dewy skin became popular due to the lockdown,” says Joy Adenuga, make-up artist and founder of By Joy Adenuga. “Being stuck at home, skincare became the prime focus and natural, dewy skin became the most-wanted for a glowing skin appearance.”
Now, you may be thinking this kind of flawless complexion is achieved by spending hours exfoliating and hydrating with scrubs, moisturisers and mists.
As a matter of fact, make-up brands have jumped on the dewy skin bandwagon and gifted us with a bevvy of new liquid-based, bronzing and highlighting products that can help you easily achieve the look.
“Instead of a matte primer, switch to an illuminating primer,” says Adenuga, to create a smooth canvas for your base. “Application can be done with a brush for a lighter, more natural effect. I like to use my Multi-Use Cream/Liquid/Powder Face Brush (£14, By Joy Adenuga) for a softer finish that won’t make you look greasy.”
If you’re worried about looking a bit too shiny, Adenuga says: “Apply only where the light hits the face – the top of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupids bow, under the brow arch and the middle of the eyelid.”
7 dewy skin makeup products
As for the rest of your make-up? “Keep it simple. Cakey make-up and glowing skin do not work together!”
1. Fenty Beauty Pro FILT’R Hydrating Foundation
- Hydrating, medium to full coverage for all skin tones.
- Longwear, light as air.
- Comfortable medium to full coverage,
Last update on 2021-08-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
2. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser SPF 30
Last update on 2021-08-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
3. MAC Studio Radiance Face and Body Radiant Sheer Foundation, £27
4. Ciate Dewy Skin Glass Glow Tint, £26
5. Iconic London Sheer Bronze
- Dewy And Glowing: Nothing is stopping your perfect complexion with this gel-to-liquid formula that blends and builds effortlessly
- Lit-From-Within Look: 6 gloriously sun-kissed shades that sheer out for soft-focus colour, or layer for a deep warmth
- Anti-Pollution Benefits: Recreate your post-holiday tan year-round while protecting your skin!
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
6. Tropic Beauty Booster Sheer Foundation, £22
7. Vieve Skin Dew, £19